Titans winger Anthony Don has been named the NRL's 2020 Academic Male of the Year with Warriors playmaker Kirra Dibb earning the Academic Female of the Year award as the NRL and RLPA announced their 2020 Academic Team of the Year.
A total of 93 current NRL players have completed or are completing a university degree, while seven players are doing a Masters degree, through 32 different universities.
A further 106 players are completing traditional trades while 610 VET qualifications have been achieved by all current players.
"This year's Academic Team of the Year will be remembered as one of the most disciplined and determined," NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said.
"Our squads have been in a biosecurity bubble all year but the commitment of these players to continue to further their studies during the pandemic is a remarkable achievement."
NRL wellbeing & education manager Paul Heptonstall said players seeking education opportunities were more likely to thrive on the field as well as in future careers.
"We have 84 percent of players currently engaged in career development," Heptonstall said.
"We have long believed, and it is backed up by research, that players who further their education are more likely to succeed on the field.
"It is also pleasing to see some of our most successful clubs off the field as some of the most engaged clubs with their off-field development and education."
2020 NRL Academic Team of the Year
- Rhys Kennedy (Completed Bachelor of Exercise Science and Cert III in fitness, University of Wollongong)
- Connor Tracey (Completed a Bachelor of Accounting and Financial Services, currently completing a Post Grad Cert in - Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA Institute)
- Anthony Don (Completed a Masters of Business Administration 2020 & Completed a Bachelor of Education 2011, University of New England)
- Christian Welch (Completed a Bachelor of Commerce and currently completing a Masters of Business, University of New South Wales)
- Jayden Brailey (Currently completing a Bachelor of Exercise sports Science, Australian Catholic University)
- Jake Granville (Currently completing a Carpentry Apprenticeship and Diploma of Business Management & Hospitality)
- Reed Mahoney (Completed Cert IV in Business, Education Support & III & IV Fitness and Diploma in Business, currently completing a Bachelor Sport Business, Australian College of Physical Education)
- Adam Clune (Completed a Bachelor of Laws-Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) with distinction, University of Wollongong)
- Euan Aitken (Completed a Cert IV in Fitness, currently completing a Bachelor of Exercise Science and Completed a Cert IV in New Small Business, University of Wollongong)
- Nat Butcher (Completed Diploma in Business & Cert IV in Small Business Management, currently completing a Bachelor of Business Administration, Australian Catholic University)
- Matt Ikuvalu (Completed Certificate III in fitness and Cert IV in Community & Recreation, currently completing a Bachelor of Teaching (Honours), University of Newcastle)
- Alex Twal (Completed a Bachelor of Commerce (2020) & Cert III in Fitness, Australian Catholic University)
- Kirra Dibb (Currently completing a Bachelor of Applied Science - Exercise Physiology, University of Sydney)