Your personal brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.
Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
- Treat everyone as if they were a major sponsor (because one day they could be).
- Always introduce yourself with a solid handshake. Eye contact is essential. Good body language. Put a smile on your face!
- Always ask a question back. Ask them about what they do etc.
- Don’t take your phone with you or use it during Promos.
- Wear appropriate clothing (no shirts that people might find offensive)
- Make the most of your Player sponsor nights, don’t sit in the back corner and keep to yourself go out and introduce yourself, talk about how their business is going, why the love there Rugby League etc.. Don’t miss this opportunity to starts building networks and relationships
- If someone takes the time to write you a letter, write a small note back.
- If a young kid is hanging around watching training, take 5 minutes at the end to throw the footy around with him or her, they will never forget it.
- Be honest. We all make mistakes. Own up to it and make sure you put steps in place for it NOT to happen again.
- Enjoy yourself and make the most of the opportunity you have on and off the field. We play the greatest game of all, and with some time and effort to reach your goals on the field and build your personal brand off it, you can create opportunities that will last a lifetime.