What Is It?
- Professional coaching and support for players, staff and families to achieve a high level of wellbeing.
- Short-term, solution focused support for personal, work or sport related issues.
- Provided by an independent organisation, non-aligned.
- Totally confidential.
- Voluntary and non-judgemental.
- Available to players, staff and / or family members at no cost.
- Maybe manager / coach referred or self-referred.
- Additional support services available for managers and coaches.
Telephone: 1300 360 364 (Australia-wide) for an appointment
Telephone: + 64 9261 3490 (New Zealand) for an appointment
- Relationship / marriage issues
- Separation / divorce
- Family issues
- Gambling, alcohol or other substances
- Health and medical concerns
- Grief, loss, bereavement
- Depression, anxiety and stress
- Introductory legal referral
- Financial crisis referrals
Work-sport Related Concerns
- Dealing with change, pressure, injury or other frustrations
- Relationships with team members/staff
- Conflict or communication issues
- Stress, tension or motivation
- Changes in management or policy
- Retirement / career issues
- Sessions are completely confidential. DTC will not share any of your information unless we are authorised by you to do so, or by law.
- No back-to-back appointments
- Reporting to NRL is non-identifying
- Manager/coach referred with or without feedback (signed consent)
- No details released without written consent
Talking To A Professional Helps By
- Early assistance to avoid major issues
- Identifying possible options for action
- Providing support in making changes
- Learning new ways of dealing with situations
- Increasing confidence > improved focus and performance
- Referral for long term or specialised issues
About Your Counselling Sessions
- Six sessions per year
- Approx. 1hr per session
- Follow up appointments (consistency of counsellor)
- Sessions available over the phone, video or face-to-face
- Choice of counsellor to match issue and individual needs, e.g. male / female
- If you do not click with your counsellor request a different one for your next session.
- Counsellors have wide range of experience and expertise and understand workplace and sport issues.
How To Book An Appointment
- Telephone: 1300 360 364 (Australia-wide) to make appointment
- Telephone: + 64 9261 3490 (New Zealand) to make appointment
- 24/7 emergency response
- Locations – nationally in each capital city and numerous regional locations
- Cancellations – within 24 hours of appointment
- Evaluation of the service six weeks after referral