Full Name: Zeb Taia

Nickname: Zebbyt

Date of Birth: 11/10/1984

NRL Debut: 2006

Clubs: Parramatta Eels, Newcastle Knights, Gold Coast Titans

Position/s: Second Row

Height: 186cm

Representative Honours: New Zealand and Cook Islands

Career Highlight: Winning Super League titles.

Fast Facts

Favourite book: Phil Knight Shoe Dog

Favourite colour: Orange

Favourite holiday destination: Portugal

Least favourite food: Wasabi

If I could be an animal I would be: Zebra

Famous person I would like to meet: Lebron James

Biography

Zeb was born at Auburn Hospital in Sydney, Australia. He grew up in a loving home with his mum, dad, brother and sister.

He was a very shy, introverted child who did not like crowds of people. He made lots of close friends through their shared love of sport. Zeb enjoyed camping in the holidays with his extended family.

Zeb played cricket, golf and tennis as a child. One day, his dad encouraged Zeb and his brother to try Rugby League. From the moment Zeb played he knew this game was a passion for him, and he became focused on his goal of being the best player he could be.

While his dad supported Zeb, taking him to training and games, they did not share the same NRL team- Zeb supported the Penrith Panthers while his dad was a Bulldogs fan!

In 2006, Zeb thought he was dreaming when his coach announced he would be making his debut and starting in the backrow for the Eels -partnering Nathan Hindmarsh. Zeb choked back tears as he shared the news with his parents. He was also overcome by emotion when he was listed in the ANZAC New Zealand Test Squad in 2010 and captaining Cook Islands in the Rugby League World Cup in 2013.

Zeb married his high-school sweetheart and they have three beautiful daughters. Zeb is grateful to be an ambassador for the NRL, he is keen to inspire youth to play Rugby League and help the community achieve goals, working together.

Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.