Bulldogs reach settlement with Hasler
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and former coach Des Hasler have reached an out of court settlement over his sudden exit from the club last year.
Hasler was sacked in September five months after the club announced it would offer him a two-year contract extension.
The premiership-winning coach was believed to be seeking $2 million in damages.
Both parties met in recent weeks and a settlement was finalised on Friday. Terms of the settlement are covered by a non-disclosure clause.
Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was pleased to put the matter to bed.
''After a great deal of discussion over recent months the Bulldogs are pleased to be able to announce that they have reached a settlement with Des Hasler,'' Hill said.
''It was important for the club to be able to bring this matter to a close and move forward. Our members and fans deserve that.
''With this matter resolved we can now look forward to the future and making sure that we put all our energies into making the Bulldogs great again. It is a time for stability and to build a strong base for the future. With this matter now closed we are in a position to do that.
''We we would also like to wish Des all the best for the future.''
Bulldogs Chair Lynne Anderson agreed.
''The Bulldogs are pleased that we have reached this outcome,'' Anderson said.
''We feel that it is a fair one that respects both parties given the challenges of this unique circumstance.''