Jamie Soward's Blues tip sheet
Jamie Soward breaks down the Maroons' strengths and weaknesses and comes up with the game plan that will see NSW secure the series on Sunday night.
1. Billy Slater - he's good on his feet and hangs around the ruck. Keep your eyes up at all times for him slotting into defensive line. In good-ball situations, there may be a chance for an early kick for Teddy.
2. Valentine Holmes - he's got a strong carry of the footy and can float in-field late in halves. Let's test him and give Tommy a chance to outjump him again.
3. Greg Inglis - look for him shooting out of the line on our play 2, play 3. There may be a chance for us to use a tip-on play. Keep getting numbers in every time he carries the footy.
4. Will Chambers - don't get sucked into his game, keep out-competing him and Teddy keep moving because he has a great short kicking game in behind the line and will kick for Gagai at any stage.
5. Dane Gagai - let's be aggressive in early tackles each set, loves bouncing around to start their set, can sniff out a try.
6. Cameron Munster - he's got a strong show-and-go game and will run, look for him to be close support of Inglis.
7. Ben Hunt - let's pressure his kicking game and keep making him work to find the ground, make him make lots of tackles.
8. Dylan Napa - look for him to try start something for his pack. Keep making him make effort on effort. Teddy and Tommy, look to be flooding in support through the middle.
9. Andrew McCullough - must make him make plenty of tackles, be on for 40/20 attempt at least one attempt per game, can show and go near the line.
10. Jarrod Wallace - will try and bounce back after criticism from game one. Let's test his lateral footwork. Cooky, go for it if he's slow at A defender.
11. Felise Kaufusi - workhorse who will take your outside shoulder, let's test him with pace and make him help Hunt in defence.
12. Gavin Cooper - is in the team to protect Munster, same as game one, change angles and make him work.
13. Josh McGuire - head of the forward pack snake. Let's not get sucked in to his niggle and make him work with numbers through the middle.
14. Kalyn Ponga - footwork and speed, if he goes to jump in the air for his step we need to accelerate into him and make him play early. Look for him in the middle of the field and don't go into contact soft - he is stronger than he looks.
15. Josh Papalii - is playing great at the moment, strong carries of the footy, let's get numbers in.
16. Coen Hess - strong and can score close to our line, Jimmy make sure you aren't looking in-field too much or you'll get caught ball-watching.
17. Jai Arrow -workhorse for their pack. Can cart the ball, let's try and fatigue him quickly with dummy-half running and force him to make tackles.
Don't miss Game II of Origin at ANZ Stadium on Sunday June 24. Get your tickets here