Dragons lock Jack de Belin.

Dragons and NSW Origin star Jack de Belin has successfully applied for bail variations that allow him to continue playing rugby league after entering a not guilty plea to a charge of aggravated sexual assault in Wollongong court.

De Belin and co-accused Callan Sinclair, who was allegedly with the St George Illawarra forward on the night of the alleged sexual assault of a 19-year-old woman, both entered not guilty pleas to charges from December 9.

The matter has been adjourned to April 17, the week of the Dragons' round six clash with Manly at WIN Stadium.

An NRL spokesman told NRL.com there was currently no change to de Belin's eligibility, with the 27-year-old set to line up in the first five weeks of the 2019 season.

"The matter is before the courts and the player has pleaded not guilty," the spokesman said.

De Belin will not be required to report to police on a weekly basis and was not deemed a flight risk by the magistrate, allowing him to be available for St George Illawarra's early season trips to Townsville and Brisbane.

A statement released by the Dragons said: "Lawyers made application to vary his bail conditions to enable de Belin to fulfil his training and playing commitments, which was approved.

"The club will make no further comment as this matter remains before the courts."

The magistrate did apply an additional condition that de Belin surrender his passport and not enter any international airport.

De Belin is regarded as one of the game's elite locks having played all three Origins during the Blues series win last year.

The Cootamundra junior has played his entire 154-game career at the Dragons and is contracted until the end of 2020.