You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

Frank Winterstein

Fast facts

• Born and resides in Sydney, NSW
  • Made NRL debut in 2008 with Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
  • Played in the UK Super League
  • Represented Samoa in Rugby League
  • Voice Against Violence and State of Mind Advocate since 2018
  • Signed to the Penrith Panthers for the 2019 season.

Biography

Frank Winterstein was born and resides in Sydney.

Frank has had a varied playing career with stints in the UK and also playing Rugby Union in Australia and Japan. He began his first-grade NRL football with Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs in 2008 before a move to the UK's Super League where he played with Wakefield Trinity, Crusaders RL and Widnes Vikings.

Upon returning to Australia in 2016, Frank joined the Australian Rugby 7s squad and switched back to league later that year for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles. In 2019, he will line up for the Penrith Panthers.

He has also represented Samoa in nine international matches.

Frank says his Pacific Island background has inspired him to become an Advocate for State of Mind and Voice Against Violence.

"Being a Pacific Islander, both of these issues are close to my heart and are sadly too common amongst my Pasifika community. I believe I can use my life experiences and skill set to help individuals and community groups of all races progress and address these issues."

Frank says being a father has informed his decision to become involved as an Advocate.

I want to use my platform to help others in a positive way. I want to help raise more awareness and reach an even wider audience about these important programs that are desperately needed. I am always looking for opportunities to do more for the community and I aspire to be a good role model for all men, especially my two sons.

Frank Winterstein Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

"I take the time to listen and respect people's journeys from all walks of life. I believe my friendly nature will help cultivate a safe, open, non-judgemental space for others to feel secure and supported."

Frank would like people to know that help is available.

"There is help available and people are here and willing to listen and create a pathway for breakthrough and growth, we should take advantage of the services available as most of them are free."

Sea Eagles Frank Winterstein listens intently during his induction.
Sea Eagles Frank Winterstein listens intently during his induction.
Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.