- Born in Wellington NZ
- Played in the New Zealand Rugby League National Competition
- Debuted for the Newcastle Knights in 2014
- Joined Canberra Raiders in 2016
- Scored 14 tried in 83 appearances
- Voice Against Violence Advocate since 2018
Born in Wellington, New Zealand, Joseph is of Māori descent and played his junior rugby league for the Harbour City Eagles. He then joined the Wellington Orcas in the New Zealand Rugby League National Competition.
Having joined the Canberra Raiders at the start of the 2016 season from the Newcastle Knights, Tapine has played second row, lock and prop throughout his career so far. He has also established himself as a New Zealand international, representing the Kiwis in 2017 at the World Cup.
Tapine is an Advocate for Voice Against Violence which aims for cultural change to stop violence against women and children.
I want to be a part of this movement towards making a change for the betterJoseph Tapine Canberra Raiders