• Born in Canberra, ACT
  • Resides in Sydney, NSW
  • Plays with Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
  • Debuted with the Canberra Raiders in 2009
  • Scored 61 tries in 168 first-grade appearances
  • Played representative football for NSW Blues and Australia
  • State of Mind Advocate since 2017

Biography

Canberra born and bred, Josh Dugan is an international and NSW Blues representative who plays for the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks.

Josh played his junior football with the Valley Dragons and South Tuggeranong Knights in Canberra and was signed by the Canberra Raiders and made his first-grade debut in 2009.

Since then, Josh has had a stellar on-field career playing representative football in the Prime Minister’s XIII, NSW Country Origin, NSW Blues, NRL All Stars and Australia.

Josh is an Advocate the State of Mind program.

It means a lot to be a State of Mind advocate due to my own struggles but also to be able to help out others.

Josh Dugan Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

In partnership with leading health experts, NRL State of Mind aims to increase mental health literacy, reduce the stigma around mental illness, start positive conversations and enable connections across communities regarding this important social issue and encourages individuals to seek assistance.

Josh is keen to give back to the community and has a special interest in State of Mind.

“I bring a passionate and professional approach to the cause. I’ve completed a Mental Health First Aid course and hold a Certificate 3 and 4 in Social and Community Work,” Josh said.

Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.