You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

Fast facts

• Born in Maitland, NSW
  • Lives in Gold Coast, QLD
  • Debuted for Gold Coast Titans in 2017
  • Fourth generation of his family to play professional Rugby League
  • Voice Against Violence Advocate since 2019

Biography

Born in 1997 and raised in the New South Wales Hunter region town of Maitland, Rugby League is in Max King’s blood.

He’s the fourth generation of his family to play the game professionally, following in the footsteps of his late great-grandfather Cec King, grandfather Johnny and father David.

I've always been passionate about being a role model in my community and using the platform football has given me to speak into and influence lives.

Max King Melbourne Storm

After struggling with minor heart surgery and a fourth shoulder reconstruction in five years, the talented lock has a promising career before him, starting with the Melbourne Storm in 2020 side after an impressive debut in Round 23 at AAMI Park in 2019.

Max has come on board as a Voice Against Violence Advocate in an effort to use the platform afforded him through the NRL for good.

“It means a lot to be given such a great opportunity to be a part of growing the community’s knowledge of violence against women. The more you can learn about these issues the more you can prevent and speak into anyone else suffering from these problems."

Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.