• Debuted in 2010 with the North Queensland Cowboys
  • Played all first-grade football with North Queensland Cowboys
  • Represented Queensland in State of Origin
  • Represented Australia
  • Made 139 matches, scoring 54 tries
  • State of Mind Advocate since 2015

Michael Morgan’s Road to Resilience

Biography

Born and raised in Townsville, QLD, Michael Morgan played junior football with Townsville Brothers until joining the North Queensland Cowboys junior team in 2009.

The next year, he made his first-grade debut for the Cowboys and has played all his first-grade football with the club.

During his long and successful NRL career, Michael was also selected to play with both Queensland in the State or Origin, as well as representing his country with the Kangaroos.

He was awarded a Dally M for Half Back of the Year in 2017 and was named the Cowboys Player's Player the same year.

Michael has been personally touched by the profound effects of mental illness which has motivated him to become a State of Mind Advocate.

I lost a good friend when I was younger and I've seen others who have lost their lives with their battle.

Michael Morgan North Queensland Cowboys

"I enjoy working in schools and with youth and as I have a genuine interest in this field, I thought my profile in the community would help."

As an Advocate, Michael will contribute to the mental wellness and inclusivity of the NRL's junior rugby league clubs and use his voice and profile to amplify awareness of mental health and make a positive difference to his community.

Read more: How Morgan is driving healthy state of mind for late mate Alex Elisala

Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.