Paul Momirovski

Fast facts

• Born and lives in Sydney
  • Played for Sydney Roosters from junior until first-grade football
  • Signed to play with Wests Tigers from the 2019 season
  • Two appearances in the NRL so far, scoring two tries
  • State of Mind Advocate since 2018

Biography

One of the NRL's promising young players, Paul Momirovski was born in Sydney where he still lives.

Playing his junior football for the Sydney Roosters, the centre made his first-grade debut in the 2018 season, scoring two tries from two appearances.

As a rookie in the NRL, Paul is keen to show his younger peers that if they encounter mental health challenges that help is available, and not to be afraid or ashamed to ask.

"Mental health is an issue that is part of the game due to the natural pressures of being an NRL player and all that entails.

"Through my experiences personally, I feel very strongly about this subject and it really resonates with me," Paul said.

Paul says the State of Mind program gives him an opportunity to reduce stigma associated with mental health.

"It means I now can contribute to making people aware of how prominent mental health issues are in society and hopefully make a difference in the rugby league community."

As a young player able to connect with young people who look up to professional players, Paul says he wants to use his position to leave a positive legacy.

Rugby league can use its platform to educate young men and women who play or support the game about mental health issues.

Paul Momirovski Wests Tigers

"There is help available and it's okay to talk about your issues."

New Wests Tigers recruit Paul Momirovski has lent his voice to the NRL State of Mind program.
New Wests Tigers recruit Paul Momirovski has lent his voice to the NRL State of Mind program.
Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.