You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

Fast facts

• Born and raised in the Sutherland Shire, NSW
  • Began playing for the Helensburgh Tiger Lillies in 2010, where she won four consecutive premierships
  • Represented the Jillaroos in 2013 World Cup
  • Co-captained and represented NSW in female State of Origin
  • NRL Ambassador from 2016-2017
  • NRL Community Program Deliverer since 2018

Biography

Born and raised in Sydney's Sutherland Shire, Sam debuted in 2010 with the Helensburgh Tiger Lillies and, after winning four consecutive premiership titles, joined the Australian Jillaroos in 2013 for the World Cup.

After serving two years as a NRL Ambassador, Sam jumped at the opportunity to join group of talented current and former rugby league players as a NRL Community Program Deliverer in 2018.

"I am greatly passionate about using the game of Rugby League as a tool to deliver important social messages and initiatives to the community," said Sam.

"I feel so blessed to have a life like my own, so I want to be able to give others the opportunity to do better and be better. So many people go through life without receiving any opportunities, so the least I can do is get out there, tell my story and offer any help I can give."

Sam has supported many different charity and community initiatives over the years, such as sponsored walks, runs and triathlons.

Sam has a particular passion for supporting brain rehabilitation organisations; it's an issue close to her heart as her father suffered a brain injury at work.

Since beginning her rugby league career, Sam has seen how much the game can positively shape young lives.

"Playing Rugby League not only gives you a sense of belonging, but also a reason to get up and train each morning. That is something I consider to be so important not only for the professional players but for everyone around Australia. Living a healthy lifestyle increases both your physical and mental wellbeing."

When Sam is not playing rugby League, she runs her own gym in the Sutherland Shire, trains or travels.

"That's why I love my life. I travel, play sport and meet people. I'm so incredibly grateful to be able to do this for the NRL, and I'm proud of what they stand for. That's why I'm an NRL Community Program Deliverer."

Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.