Youth Advocate Program
Youth Advocate Program - Game Plan
The Youth Advocate Program focuses on three key pillars:
The program unites students from different backgrounds in an inclusive environment where youth feel a sense of belonging and pride.
The advocates have opportunities to connect with other youth advocates providing them with a safe environment to share their ideas and passion for creating a positive impact in our communities.
The program uses the NRL's voice to enhance advocates' excitement for contributing positively to their communities. This is achieved through a series of experiences provided through the NRL that enhances their confidence in their leadership.
Advocates are mentored through hands on experiences including; work experience in NRL Corporate, delivering projects involving event management, refereeing, coaching, Harmony Walks, creative arts and digital cohesion initiatives and NRL Respect program delivery in Primary Schools.
The program aims to inspire action. The advocates will take what they have learnt, their passion for social change and apply it to their everyday lives and in the wider community.
The program will connect the advocates with expert partners and community services that will assist the young people in achieving their game changer goals.
Students nominated to be a Youth Advocate must have participated in one or more of the following NRL Community programs:
For expressions of interest and/or further information contact the NRL Respect team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NSW government backs NRL's Youth Advocate program
- NRL Community empowers Youth
- NRL Respect Youth Summit – Game Changers
- NRL connecting youth to their culture through Pacific Youth Summit
- Pacific Youth Summit - Wests Leagues Club, Campbelltown
- National Youth Week celebrates young leaders in rugby league
- NRL Respect Appreciation Night 2017
- Pacific Youth Summit - Empowering Leaders
- Youth Summit addresses future leaders
- Inaugural NRL 'In League In Harmony' Youth Ambassador Summit