Angus Crichton

Fast facts

• Born in Temora, NSW
  • Played representative Rugby Union as a school boy
  • Made his first-grade debut in 2016 with South Sydney Rabbitohs
  • Signed to the Sydney Roosters for the 2019 season
  • State of Mind Advocate since 2018

Biography

One of the NRL's rising young stars, Angus Crichton played his junior football with his local team the Young Cherrypickers, near Young where he grew up on a farm.

During his high school years, Angus switched to Rugby Union where he was selected to the New South Wales Schools First XV and the Australian Schoolboys XV in 2013.

He made his NRL debut in 2015 with the South Sydney Rabbitohs and will play the 2019 season for the Sydney Roosters.

2018 also saw Angus make his State of Origin debut for the NSW Blues who won the series for the first time since 2014.

Still at the very beginning of his playing career, Angus is keen to contribute to the community as an Advocate for the State of Mind program.

"I think that everybody goes through tough times and adversity and talking about headspace is important.

"I have been through this myself and can relate to a lot of people having experienced the difference that sharing your emotions can really make in maintaining a healthy state of mind," Angus said.

I know the difference that talking and sharing your feelings can really make.

Angus Crichton Sydney Roosters

Angus has mentored young people in the past and would like to see the stigma around mental health removed.

"It's normal to go through tough times, everyone does. It's how you deal with it that makes a difference."

Read more: Souths forward Crichton breaking the mould

Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.