• Lives on the Gold Coast, QLD
  • Played with Brisbane Broncos and Sydney Roosters
  • Signed with Gold Coast Titans in 2017
  • Scored five tries in 13 appearances in 2018
  • State of Mind Advocate since 2017
  • Voice Against Violence Advocate 2020

NRL State of Mind Program - Burleigh Bears Juniors

Biography

Born in Ingham Queensland, Dale Copley moved to Brisbane while still young. He began his junior football with the Aspley Devils, before being signed to the Brisbane Broncos where he played in the Holden Cup competition from 2009-2011.

Dale made his first-grade debut for the Broncos in 2009 where he played until 2014 when he moved to the Sydney Roosters before settling at the Gold Coast Titans in 2017.

An active volunteer, Dale has already completed more than 100 hours of community work with various organisations. He says he has a particular affinity for the NRL Community's programs and was very keen to become an Advocate.

"I have been State of Mind ambassador for the past two years and I have really enjoyed the role," Dale said.

He says he sees the benefit in balancing his playing career with study and mindfulness.

"I am currently in my third year of my law degree and I regularly practice mindfulness and meditation."

"I really enjoy helping people and shining a light on key issues that face our society today.

I think young men need to realise it's ok to not be ok. So I believe as an NRL player if I can convince one person to put their hand up and seek help, I'll have done the community a huge positive.

Dale Copley Gold Coast Titans

If there's one thing he'd like people to take away from his community work, it's to check on your mates. And don't be afraid to talk to people.

"We have the ability to remove stigmas and make things acceptable particular to young men who look up to us."

Titans Dale Copley has supported the State of Mind program for several years.
Titans Dale Copley has supported the State of Mind program for several years.
Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.