• Born and lives in Sydney, NSW
  • Played junior football for Mittagong Lions
  • Played with Brisbane Broncos in the Holden Cup
  • Made his first-grade debut with Parramatta Eels in 2015
  • Played all first-grade football to date with Parramatta Eels
  • Won the Ken Thornett medal in 2018 as the Eels' Player of the Year
  • Voice Against Violence and State of Mind Advocate since 2018

Biography

Parramatta Eels forward Daniel Alvaro played his junior rugby league with the Mittagong Lions, and was scouted by the Brisbane Broncos to play in its Holden Cup team during 2011-12.

In 2013, Daniel signed with the Parramatta Eels, playing out the year in the Holden Cup before his first-grade debut halfway through the 2015 season.

With his Italian "Nonno", Daniel was eligible for selection to represent Italy in the Rugby League World Cup 2017. Daniel also played for the Country Origin side that year.

In addition to his burgeoning first-grade career, Daniel is studying a degree in building construction management and received recognition from UTS in 2017 for success in balancing his studies with his professional playing career.

Keen to give back to the community, Daniel jumped at the chance to become an advocate for both the State of Mind and Voice Against Violence programs.

I'm happy to help however I can and I think they are good initiatives to promote and be a part of.

Daniel Alvaro Parramatta Eels

NRL Voice Against Violence is the NRL's platform to act as a catalyst in Australian society for positive social change, and prevent violence against women and their children in the wider community.

NRL State of Mind, in partnership with leading health experts, aims to increase mental health literacy, reduce the stigma around mental illness, start positive conversations and enable connections across communities regarding this important social issue and encourages individuals to seek assistance.

Read more: Alvaro named UTS Male Sportsperson of the Year

Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.