• Born and raised in Sydney, NSW
  • in 2006 moved to UK to play with Salford Red Devils
  • Made NRL debut with Wests Tigers in 2009
  • Played with St George Illawarra Dragons and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
  • Signed with Parramatta in 2014
  • Voice Against Violence and State of Mind Advocate since 2018

Real Skills for Real Careers - Darwin

Biography

Born and raised in Sydney, where he resides, David Gower is one of the Parramatta Eels' most experienced players.

While he played his junior football in Ryde, David moved to the UK to play for the Salford Red Devils in 2006 where he stayed for two seasons.

David made his NRL debut in 2009 for Wests Tigers and has played for St. George Illawarra Dragons, Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles before signing with the Eels in 2014.

A passionate supporter of NRL Community, David is committed to its mission to make a positive difference to communities around Australia.

He is an Advocate for Voice Against Violence and State of Mind which aim for cultural change to stop violence against women and children and reduce stigma associated with mental health, respectively.

I believe we as players can be the voice for the many who remain silent. We can use our profile to educate.

David Gower Parramatta Eels

"I am passionate about both programs," David said.

"Throughout my journey in Rugby League I've had to be resilient, persistent, dedicated, passionate and driven. All attributes I believe will help me in the role as an Advocate."

David is already rolling up his sleeves and getting involved in the work of both programs.

"I've run many workshops with the Eels junior reps on both subjects and enjoy the interaction immensely."

Eels David Gower took part in the NRL's advocate induction at Rugby League Central.
Eels David Gower took part in the NRL's advocate induction at Rugby League Central.
Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.